Sunday, November 30, 2008

ASP - Ch. 9

"'only the things and the people who've been evolving the right way survive'" (125).

Leper's theory is of significance to me, because it seems like it is foreshadowing. At this point, we are not exactly certain which characters are evolving the right or the wrong way. However, I do have an idea and I think Gene is evolving the right way while Phineas is evolving the wrong way. At the beginning, it was evident that Gene was a jerk but he has grown since then and is working towards making things right between the two. On the other hand, I think this whole experience has made Finny a little bitter. We see a slight change in his usual charismatic attitude and I think it will continue to spiral downward as we read on. And we will see if he can survive or not.

Is Gene really dedicated to entering the Olympics as much as Finny?

No comments: