Friday, December 18, 2009

Apology Letter

Dear Goody Proctor,
I know I'm the last person you would like to hear from. I realize I've caused you and your family much pain. I wish to cause no more harm but simply want to offer my apologies. I was convinced that John was just as much in love with me as I was with him. Every night, he would come to my room and would constantly tell me how beautiful I was. He made me feel special and made me believe that he wanted to be with me. I figured the only reason he couldn't be with me because of you but I was wrong. After he vehemently rejected me, I became infuriated and you were the object of my fury. I sincerely apologize for the agony I've implemented upon you. My overwhelming feelings for John clouded my judgment and lead me to seek vengeance. I have taken my uncle's ship and my time away from the village has made me reflect on my past actions. I am truly ashamed of what I have done and I hope you may forgive me and live in serenity knowing that I will not hurt you ever again.

Sincerely,
Abigail

No comments: